Marion Wildcat Fixed Route Weekday Service Timetables (effective Nov. 1, 2023)
Marion Wildcat Fixed Route Saturday Timetable
Marion-Carbondale Saturday Fixed Route Timetable
Marion Carbondale Weekday Fixed Route Timetable
RMTD Fixed Route Policy
For your safety and convenience, Rides Mass Transit District has adopted rules and policies governing the operation of the fixed route bus system as well as the conduct of passengers utilizing our services.
Route Scheduling and Performance
Route scheduling will take into consideration the following factors: 1. Striving for the spans and frequencies needed. 2. Maintaining consistency and clarity of timetables for customers. 3. In scheduling transfers, the efficient operation of the more frequent route shall be a higher priority than ensuring timed transfers. 4. The scheduled time for routes will meet average customer loads and typical traffic congestion, and will include sufficient recovery time on each route to compensate for variations in running time and to provide for bus operator restroom breaks.
Stop locations of bus stops depends on a variety of factors, including transit operational needs, safety, traffic flow, parking, physical roadside constraints (trees, poles, driveways, utilities, etc.) and the extent of available public right-of-way and adjacent property owner concerns.
On-time performance is defined as arriving not more than one minute early or more than five minutes late at established timepoints. The service reliability standard is that 90 percent of the buses at timepoints on all routes will be on time. Timepoints will be determined based on ridership, transfer activity, or layover locations.
Catching the Bus
- Riders should be at the bus stop prior to the scheduled departure time.
- If you need a reasonable modification to use this or any RMTD service due to disability, please call RMTD at 844-220-1243.
- Passengers will be permitted travel aboard RMTD vehicles by paying the appropriate fare or using a valid RMTD pass. The only exception to this is children under 6 years of age, who travel free when accompanied by an adult.
- Exact change is strongly suggested. No cash is returned from farebox. Please do not ask drivers for change, as they are not permitted to handle fares.
- Fares and Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Fares are subject to change without notice.
- You may also download the Token Transit App to pay from your mobile device.
- RMTD accepts valid Benefit Access Program eligibility for fixed route transportation
Crossing the Street
- For your safety, cross the street after the bus has pulled away. This allows a full view of oncoming traffic in both directions.
- Some RMTD buses are equipped with bicycle racks.
- Bike owners load and unload bikes, on a first come first served basis.
- Directions for loading are on bike rack.
- Return rack to its upright position after the last bike is removed.
- RMTD is not responsible for any damage to bicycles before, during, or after transport.
- All luggage must fit in luggage compartments or areas located inside the vehicle. Nothing may be left in the aisle at any time.
- Large objects are not allowed on bus. Administration has final determination on if an item is allowed.
- Hazardous materials (i.e. containers of fuel, batteries etc.) are not permitted on bus.
- RMTD is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
- The use of seatbelts is optional unless riding in the front seat of vehicles equipped with seat belts.
- When riding on fixed route vehicles equipped with seat belts and located in the first seat, passengers will need to wear a seat belt or sign the appropriate waiver.
- Securement of mobility devices is required on-board buses.
- Cell phones are allowed on the buses, however, we urge you to be considerate of other passengers as well as the driver, maintain a quiet volume and limit unnecessary chatter.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking/vaping are not permitted on the buses. Beverages that are in sealed containers (ie. soda or water bottles with caps) are allowed, but should not be consumed while on board.
- Bare feet are not allowed on the bus.
- RMTD reserves the right to refuse entry to, suspend, or ban any passenger, who in the judgment of the RMTD interferes with the safe operation of the vehicle; including but not limited to: showing a lack of respect to the rights of the other passengers, use of profanity, lewd behavior, endangering the health of other passengers and driver or is deemed to be disruptive.